Traveling Europe | ROME

by - October 29, 2017



Day 11 - Venice to Rome

Finally heading to Rome, our last stop! Also the hottest place with the best weather which was a great way to end our trip. The journey from Venice to Rome didn't take too long and luckily it was just one train. Once we got there we headed to our Airbnb which was around 20 minutes away from the station. The person we met there was so lovely, he gave us so much useful information too. This was my favourite Airbnb of them all, it was so cute and we had our own kitchen finally. The only thing I hated about it was the place it was in, just part of the area was full of men who would constantly stare at us. We're two young girls traveling alone so it was really off putting, we had an incident on the last day of these 2 men staring at us that we had to walk past 3 times as Jamey forgot her purse. I filmed them and Jamey stuck her finger up at them but they made me so angry I felt so uncomfortable.




Anyway, apart from that Rome was lovely. We went exploring straight away and headed towards a supermarket and then the Colosseum. It only took around 20 minutes to get to the Colosseum which wasn't bad at all. We ended up doing so much walking this day going past loads of beautiful buildings and having dinner at Piazza Navona.







After a really long, exhausting day we headed back to get some sleep. We popped to the supermarket on the way back and got some bread, butter, eggs and orange juice for our breakfast the next morning. The first time we were having a proper breakfast this whole trip! Also when we went back to the Airbnb we couldn't figure out how to open the door, we were sitting outside for a good 20 minutes wondering what to do because Jamey's phone had died and she had the hosts number on her phone. I tried opening the door again and it opened, I just had to turn it the other way a little more..  you could tell we were tired.

Day 12 - Rome

After accidentally walking a long way and then going on a hunt in different Sephora's, we finally arrived at the beautiful Trevi fountain, the also super busy filled with tourists Trevi fountain. We managed to get a good spot at the front and through our coins in and made a wish. We then got some gelato to start off the day right.



We then did a bit of shopping and came across the Spanish steps. Of course we felt the need to walk to the top of them and back down again. You just have to do these touristy things when you go abroad. I also wanted to add in this photo of me and the Colosseum that we took first thing in the morning, I love it so much.


We then went on a super long walk to this park, which really reminded me of Central park. We just went for a stroll and to see what was around, turns out they had a zoo. We had a look and it honestly looked amazing, I have never seen a zoo like it. We had spent most our money on shopping that day as we wanted to spend what we had left, but we managed to put our money together and afford it. I am so glad we went as we were in there for 2 and a half hours.






We then headed back to Piazza Navona to get some dinner, then watched the sun set which was so pretty. Rome is such a beautiful city.


Day 13 - Rome

Our last full day in Rome! I don't really have many photos to share from this day as we didn't do much. We walked around the city, had some ice cream, mcdonalds, went to a few more souvenir shops. We had done so much for the whole 2 weeks we were knackered and ready to go home. We should've saved our shopping for the last day but we didn't have much left. We watched some street performers, I had a bracelet made for Abbie that said her name, then got myself one too which was pretty cute. We had a delicious last meal then headed back for one last night at the Airbnb.



Day 14 - Rome to London

5am the alarm went off. I was actually excited to be getting up, I couldn't wait to get home and see my girlfriend and eat British food. My first meal back was actually garlic bread, potato waffles and beans. Then I had chinese for dinner so I was a very happy girl.

Europe you have been amazing. What an incredible 2 weeks and I am so happy I got to experience such an amazing trip. I feel I would probably do Interrailing again. Maybe way in the future as there's so many more places I want to travel to. Next year I am traveling to LA and New York so I am very excited to be blogging about those. For this trip I made a montage video which I love so much, it definitely takes me back to all the places I went to so if you'd want to check that out just click HERE. I worked so hard on it and I am so glad I kept up the filming in each city.

I hope you enjoyed my Europe blog posts. 
- Shannon x



















You May Also Like

0 comments