Traveling Europe | VENICE

by - October 23, 2017


Day 9 - Bern to Venice

We started traveling around midday to get to Venice. We got a train to Milan and then changed to a train which went straight to Venice. We arrived when it was dark so didn't do much that evening. The person who was supposed to meet us for our Airbnb was pretty late so we were sat waiting but the room was decent for 2 nights. We then went to the supermarket opposite us for snacks, had our first Italian McDonalds which was so good then headed back.

Day 10 - Venice

We only had one full day in Venice so we had to make the most of it. We got the bus which only takes around 10 minutes, I didn't understand the whole ticket thing or where to get tickets so we actually went on for free by accident. We got off the bus and followed where everyone else was going. Straight away we were met by a beautiful canal. Every corner you walk around is another canal. It was so pretty I loved taking lots of photos. This was also the first place we actually had decent weather, lots of sunshine and 24 degrees weather.


We had a slice of Italian pizza, this was our first slice of Italian pizza and it did not disappoint. Can I also mention they had the cutest pasta magnets ever. I'm kind of annoyed at myself for not buying one. They even have a toilet roll magnet...


We went to St Mark's Square which was super busy. I got a super cute Venice t-shirt from here though.




It's so easy to get lost in Venice, but everywhere is so pretty it doesn't really matter. There were plenty of souvenir shops around and they even had a Sephora here (still mad the UK doesn't have one). After doing a bit of shopping and a lot of walking we decided to have some gelato! Finally our first taste of Italian ice cream, it did not disappoint. I am quite plain when it comes to food so I did just stick to vanilla but it was delicious, I think Jamey had 3 different flavours and loved them all.



We had pasta for dinner and it was the best pasta I've ever had. Italy does not disappoint. It was a short stop in Venice but I'd definitely love to go back.

- Shannon x















You May Also Like

0 comments