Being A Demi Lovato Fangirl

by - June 11, 2017




Not going to lie, I've been so excited to do this post. This is gonna be a long one with many pictures. I have been a fan of Demi Lovato ever since I was 13, just turning 14. I am now 22, so that's a good 8 years. Obviously I have grown up a lot in that time. I've been through stages of being obsessed with Demi to her annoying me but me still loving her. I found Demi's music when my "step sister" had a couple of her songs on her phone, I loved them and asked her what they were called and who they were by. It was La La Land and Get Back. I downloaded her album and ever since I have been obsessed.

It's mad to think how a singer can change your life so much, they don't even know you personally but you feel like you know them and they help you through so much. I used to listen to Demi's music constantly, at home, at school, in the evenings. I didn't watch Camp Rock when it came out as I wasn't into Disney that much but once I found Demi that changed completely. Then my Jonas Brothers, Selena Gomez and Miley Cyrus love began. I dreamed of seeing Demi live, she opened for the Jonas Brothers in June, 2009. I was doing a work shadowing thing for school so I couldn't go, and I cried that night, I was heartbroken. The Jonas Brothers came back the same year in November, but Demi didn't open for them and I was gutted, but JB were incredible. Remember the fan war between "Jonatics" and "Beliebers" on who JB stood for.



These photos are from the first time I met Demi. I met her in 2012 when she was on Daybreak. Unfortunately when she came to sign things the paps were in the way, of course! I could barely see her, I was on my tip toes trying to see her, I held out a white canvas for her to sign, I am surprised she even saw it but she reached up for it and signed it. I cried about 5 minutes after I saw her because it suddenly hit me, I saw my idol in person!!! She then had a signing at HMV which we all camped for, I'd never done anything like this before but I wanted to meet her so bad, I'd even made a scrapbook for her. Now I think back she probably didn't even look at it but she probably gets so much stuff.


Oh my, the poster on every inch of the wall phase. The top one isn't as bad thankfully, that was when I limited myself as I'd grown up a bit. But the picture underneath was when I took all my posters from every wall down, I had a mixture of celebrity posters. I then decided to have a "Demi wall" I would call it. Posters on every inch of the wall, and all her albums on the shelf. I even screenshotted when Demi tweeted or retweeted me and put them on the wall. I must admit that was such an amazing feeling being noticed by your idol. I remember the first time she tweeted me as if it was yesterday. She sprained her ankle playing basketball, so I said I was surprised she wasn't wearing heels and she must've found it funny!
                         


Merchandise.. I have so much more than this but there is already going to be enough photos in this post. I got my first Demi t-shirt for my 16th birthday, a Houston Rodeo one, I didn't go of course but I loved it. I collected Demi wristbands and wore them all the time. I somehow managed to have all her albums signed, obviously not all in person but I felt so lucky and treasured them.


The first time I ever got a photo with Demi! (middle) This week was one I'll never forget, I saw Demi live for the first time. Demi: Live In London, she only sung 5 songs, and then sung them again. They were being recorded and you can find them on youtube. I cried like a baby during Skyscraper, I never thought I'd get to see her live, you know if you're a Demi fan how she says she'll come tour Europe "soon" and she still hasn't done her own tour here. I've seen Selena Gomez 3 times on her own tour (almost 4 but she had to cancel as she was poorly) but Demi hasn't done her own tour yet.


My 2nd photo with Demi, a selfie! I love this photo so much. This was in November 2014, she was lovely taking photos with everyone.



This was Demi's own show, FINALLY. It still wasn't a Europe tour but it was something! How I managed to get tickets I will never know. They went on sale 9th April 2014, I remember as that was my birthday. I went to the toilet 2 minutes before they went on sale, risky I know. My best friend Taigan was constantly refreshing though, she starts shouting at me and I shout back telling her I'm trying to have a wee. I get back and she's screaming saying she got tickets, I was in shock, we basically start screaming and hug each other. Even my mum joined in she was so happy!


The last time I saw Demi was when she opened for Enrique. All us Demi fans left after she performed because we only went to see her. She's amazing live, if you ever get the chance to go see her then make sure you take it.



I used to draw my favourite celebrities all the time. Thought I'd show you a couple.


Did any of you guys used to collect magazines with Demi on, just because Demi was on them? If she was ever front cover of a magazine I would have to buy it. I even got a hairdressing magazine once because she was on it! I'm not as bad now, I'll still buy magazines if she's on them such as Cosmopolitan, but if she hasn't posted about it then I tend not to.

Well I basically just told you all about my fangirl days. I made a twitter account about 7 years ago and I am so thankful that I did. Because of that account I have met so many new friends that I am still friends with to this day. I have met my best friends Hannah and Jamey through twitter. Me and Hannah have been to New York together, me and Jamey are travelling Europe together, how amazing is that? All because of twitter! I also figured out who I am through twitter, I have met my beautiful girlfriend Abbie through twitter. We met in person in 2014 and have been together ever since. I have never loved someone so much and if I hadn't joined twitter, we wouldn't have found each other. It's nice to leave this post in such a happy way, I'm even smiling writing this. Thank you all for reading, comment if you were a fangirl too, and who of?

I'll leave you guys with one of my amazing edits, I used to be such a pro 😉
- Shannon x















You May Also Like

0 comments