Demi Lovato at Free Radio Live!

by - November 13, 2017



I am exhausted from this weekend but also so thankful for it. We left friday morning in a hope to maybe try meet Demi. We failed at that but we didn't mind as we wasn't expecting to meet her. I never usually wear my Demi merch out but today I did and loved it. (I stole Gee's hat for the photo, sorry not sorry x)



Our train to Birmingham was at 3pm. I was already regretting the fact we were having to camp. We wanted to be at the front but it is November so it's really cold, camping was going to be an experience. Once me, Abbie and Gee got to Birmingham we met up with Lys and Ellie in Primark. We got a duvet each and I also got a blanket. Next stop was Tesco to stock up on some drinks and snacks, then we got a taxi to the arena. There was already a few people there before us which I was pretty glad about. The girls next to us were lovely and were already numbering people, I was number 9 which is my lucky number! We were actually so warm I was thinking I'd be cold all night but I ended up getting too hot.


We all managed to get some sleep, I probably got the least amount of sleep as it was very broken and I don't sleep well unless I'm in bed. Some more people came through the night but the majority were it the morning. We had some more friends come join us whilst queuing, as everyone was numbered it didn't really matter where you sat. Time passed pretty quick as there was a big group of us and we were all just chatting.  Around 2pm they started giving us wristbands. Numbers 1-50 went first and they gave us a wristband and wrote our number on the back of our ticket that was on our hand in a green pen. The men didn't do their job properly for me, Abbie and Ellie which you can stay tuned for as I am going to have to have a little rant about it. We all went off to eat food/get ready and freshen up for the concert.


Doors opened at 4.30pm. We went inside and they instructed us on where to go, before we went to queue again we went to the merchandise bit. They only sold merchandise if the artist bought merch with them, who would've thought the only merchandise would be Demi's!! She only had one t-shirt and her album but of course I didn't think twice about buying the t-shirt.


*RANT TIME*

Even thinking about writing this is getting me annoyed. I feel sick about what almost could've happened and how bad the staff treated us. I also tweeted Free Radio about this and they asked me to DM them, I DM'd them, they read it and didn't reply until just this second actually. They informed me they don't employ the staff it is Genting Arena who employed them which I assumed.. So basically we went to right hand side where everyone who was numbered had to go, we went up to the workers, there were 2 men in black shirts and a couple of people in red. I went to one of the men in read showed him my hand and ticket and said they didn't put a cross on mine and he kind of just ushered me through like touched my shoulder to make me go in, I was thinking oh okay then, expecting him to say something. I start walking down and I'm standing down the end waiting for everyone to catch up. Someone came up to me, I don't even remember who it was it was such a blur, they said Shannon, they're not letting Abbie in. I went into pure panic and was like "Are you being serious?" and legged it to the top. Abbie was fuming, I was fuming, I tried to show the men (who were wearing black) a photo of us from camping as it has the time on it too. He didn't even look, wouldn't even look at me. I get he is doing his job but there was no need to be so rude. He was just shouting at all of us saying no matter what you say she isn't getting in. That's when I burst into tears. I wasn't going in if she wasn't. I was ready to leave and go home altogether, I was fuming. So I walked back down, crying my eyes out not even caring if people were looking. Abbie wasn't with me and I was fuming. They were doing the exact same thing to my friend Ellie but somehow I got let in? When I was at the front I realised I could see the back of the general standing queue so I told Abbie to come down as there were a couple stairs and a man standing in red. She came over and I just said to the man can she come down this way, he said "Yeah just don't go back up". How was it that easy for me to get her through that bit without even him even checking? Obviously none of us could be happy or excited until we knew we were actually getting in with our numbers. They shouted for numbers 1 to 10 to start lining up in order. We got in order and I what I can say is the rant is over now as we had no problem getting in from here thankfully!!

*RANT OVER*

So we walked in single file, a security man led the way and anyone that started running or stepped out of line had to leave and queue at the back. Everyone walked in single file and that bit was organised so well. I GOT BARRIER FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.



I still can't believe I was front row. I have never experienced this sort of stress before but it was all worth it as I got to see my favourite Demi Lovato being at the barrier.

First to perform was Jax Jones. But don't get me started on them two not performing Instruction. They had the perfect opportunity we were all ready for Demi to come on stage but turns out she didn't!


Next was Louisa Johnson, she was really good and payed us so much attention which was so cute! 



We also saw other artists like Jonas Blue, George Ezra. They had a pretty decent line up as they also had The Vamps, The Script, Craig David and Liam Payne.


But the only reason I was there was for Demi. She was SO good, her vocals are just on another level. I didn't get many photos but the ones I did get I love. I will never be over being front row for her. If only it was her own concert that would have made it even more perfect.






PS. Shannon if you ever camp again make sure you don't book a train home at 3am that get's to London for 6am, then you have to get a train home and your sleeping pattern is so messed up.

- Shannon x






You May Also Like

0 comments