Fifth Harmony Album Review!

by - August 27, 2017



Okay so I've never done an album review before, but why not start now when all my favourite artists are coming out with albums! I have loved Fifth Harmony for so long now, this is their first album as a four piece and let me tell you now this is honestly their best album. I didn't have high expectations as I thought Down and Angel were okay, but the rest of the songs completely changed my mind.

1. Down (feat. Gucci Mane)
I am currently listening to these songs as I write this review to make sure I review them honestly. Down is a BOP, I am sitting here dancing in my seat as I type this. The song is a bit repetitive, I do wonder how many times they actually say down. This was their first single from the album and I do think it was a good choice for a single.

2. He Like That
This isn't one of my favourites. The lyrics are a bit strange the whole "pumps in the bump". It is quite catchy and I feel like it would grow on me. Although when I listen to it all I can think of is the music video.... 😳

3. Sauced Up
A TUNE. I knew this album was gonna be so good once I heard this song. I feel this one would be so good live. I get such a good vibe from this one.

4. Make You Mad
The beginning reminds me of a game or a computer, no idea why. But OH MY GOD this one is SO good. One of my favourites for sure. The chorus is my favourite, I'M GONNA MAKE YOU MISS ME, I'M GONNA MAKE YOU GO MAD, I'M GONNA MAKE SURE I'M THE BEST YOU EVER HAD! Ally slays this one.

5. Deliver
BOY DID THEY DELIVER. Dinah is coming through with those vocals throughout the whole song.

6. Lonely Night
Another amazing song. The chorus is so good. Dinah once again slays this song. Lauren's vocals are raspy and heavenly as per usual. If you don't like this song then bye bye, bye bye. 👋🏽

7. Don't Say You Love Me
This song is going to be amazing live, the girls vocals on this are so strong. Lauren started off the song perfectly. The whole song is perfection, I feel it could be stripped down even more live.

8. Angel
This also isn't one of my favourites. I usually have new songs that come out on repeat but with this one I did listen to it a few times but that was it. I love all the girls verses though. I love Lauren and Normani in this song and the music video. The only thing I hate about this song is the music at the end (2:20).

9. Messy
Listen from 0:30 if you don't think it sounds like "It wasn't me" by Shaggy you're lying. It's not a bad thing though because this is in the top 3 for me. I haven't figured out which ones I like most yet but this is up there. Once again Ally, Lauren, Dinah and Normani all sound amazing.

10. Bridges
Such a beautiful song. A song that is so relatable to everything going on the world right now. I feel I'd cry happy tears if I heard this live. It's a very happy, positive song, one you need to listen to.

This album is by far their best one yet, it really is. I would recommend you buying it, I'm not being biased I mean it. I am so proud of the girls, they worked so hard and came out with such an incredible album. I only wish it had more songs!

- Shannon x

You May Also Like

0 comments