Where have I travelled?

by - July 16, 2017



I thought I would do a post on all the places I've visited outside of the UK. I will try to include photos of each place, I think I have found a couple for each place as I went on a hunt through my Facebook and through old photo albums. If you know me you know I love to travel and get around the world. I want to visit so many more places and I'm constantly thinking about my next trip away. I don't remember the exact years I went to certain countries but I should roughly remember my age.

Lapland, Finland (age 6 or 7)



Lapland was actually my first holiday on a plane. I went with my dad and his friend's family who were actually my next door neighbours. I did not want to get on that plane I am pretty sure he had to drag me on it as I was so scared. Lapland was amazing, I didn't go on the ski lift as I hate heights and was too frightened but I did walk up the bottom of the slope just to go down a couple meters. We met Santa there and met his reindeers. Those are my main memories, I was pretty young so don't remember too much.

Spain (age 7)



Well I'm looking like the happiest child in both photos! I was actually very relaxed on the lazy river but was very grumpy in the bottom photo. Probably sulking about something. Spain was my first holiday in a hot country with my mum, step dad and brothers. I got my hair braided which ended up being a tradition every time we went away. Spain is lovely, the weather is always great and definitely a reasonable priced place to go to.

Tenerife (age 8)



Tenerife was amazing and I definitely want to go back there. You have to go if you get the chance. Our hotel ended up being overbooked and we got put into one of their sister hotels over the road, which ended up being even better than the original one. It was less crowded too which we preferred, nothing worse than having to worry about not getting a couple sun loungers. Also, digging my outfit in that bottom picture, I even remember that bandana! I'm shocked at myself for holding a parrot though, I used to be scared of everything.

Majorca (age 10 or 11)



This was when I started gaining weight around this age from being bullied by people who lived round my street. Maybe I'll do a blog post on that one day. Anyway Majorca was nice, I don't remember much of it apart from the pool being freezing. I probably wouldn't go back as nothing stood out for me. We did have a waterpark view from our balcony though, it wasn't the biggest waterpark but we did go one day and all had such a good day.

Turkey (age 13) 




I went to Turkey with my dad, auntie, uncle and cousins. We stayed in Marmaris and the weather was perfect. It was an amazing hotel, it even had its own mini waterpark. It had loads of pools, games room, a minutes walk to the beach. Even the food was great, you watched them make their pizzas for lunch which I loved. Although one night my spaghetti smelt like cigarette smoke, I'll always remember that.. I didn't eat it of course.

Cyprus (age 15)



I would love to go to Cyprus again. We stayed in Aiya Napa, but not the club scene area. Nissi beach was amazing, the sand was lovely and the sea was blue. The temperature can get so hot in Cyprus, we went in May/June time and one of the days it got to 42 degrees. The pool was a great way to keep cool though! We did go to a water park on one of the days but the floor would be so hot we'd all be running to the grass or shade to stop our feet from burning.

Orlando, USA (age 17)



(Orlando, Miami and the Bahamas all link into one trip) This was my first time going to America and I had never been so excited before. We were so jet lagged we had been awake for about 42 hours. But once we slept that first night we were ready to go explore. We went to Universal studios, Disneyland (although I wasn't that into Disney then and future me is so annoying at younger me for not being excited about Disney). We went shopping one day and just got excited about everything American. Orlando is a must for the future, we want to go for a couple weeks and go to all the Disney parks.

Miami, USA


We didn't spend long in Miami. We drove down to Miami from Orlando and ended up in a tropical storm, which then went on to be a hurricane. We stayed in a motel which was really creepy we was so scared as we had our own room and my friend's nan and grandad was in a room upstairs. We wasn't sure if the cruise was even happening, but it just ended up being delayed 12 hours and by the time we got on the cruise it was like the storm had never happened.

Bahamas



The pictures I took in the Bahamas I still don't believe are real. The first one is an island called Coco Cay I believe. The island is just for people on the cruise lines, it was unreal, the sand was so white, filled with beautiful shells. The sea was so blue and clear you could see tiny fishes swimming around. I want to explore more of the Caribbean it's so beautiful.

Paris, France (age 17)



Mine and my best friend Taigan's first venture to another country without an adult! Paris is so beautiful and photogenic. There are a lot of beggars around and you have to have your purse close to you, we saw a little kid trying to pinch someones purse from their bag whilst we were in McDonalds. Be careful anywhere you go we were extra careful and had no problems. The Eiffel tower is huge, I couldn't quite believe I was going to go to the top of it, part of the lift bit I had to shut my eyes as you could see outside as you were going up but once I was at the top I was fine.

New York, USA (age 19)



Even looking at these photos makes me miss New York. Definitely my favourite city ever, I love the vibe of New York, there is so much to do there, we didn't even fit everything into 5 days. I went with my friend Hannah and it was out first proper holiday without an adult, and we were going all the way to America. We booked it as a package holiday with Virgin so transfers and all that were included. If you haven't been to NYC you have to go. I am going back next year and I'm so excited already! Make sure you go to Baked by Melissa, they're tiny bitesize cupcakes which taste amazing!!!

Disneyland Paris, France (age 20)



Mine and my girlfriends first ever holiday!!! We went to the most magical place for it too, although the weather was not magical. It was 36 degrees the whole time, of course we went during a heatwave. We managed though, they had water fountains all around the park for people to fill up their bottles so luckily we didn't have to pay €3 anytime we wanted water. Disney is such a happy place, you can act like a kid no matter what age you are.

Spain (age 21)



This was our first relaxing holiday together and we went back to Spain! I'm not sure what part we went to when I was little but this time we went to Costa Brava. It was a quiet area we were in so next time we'd probably go somewhere that has a little bit more going on. The beach wasn't that great here, it wasn't sand it was more like tiny tiny stones. The hotel was great, we enjoyed the cocktails very much.

Disneyland Paris, France (age 21)



Back to DLP! But this time it was for the Christmas season, a great change in the weather compared to last time. This time it was so cold, but we had many layers which kind of helped but not really. Disney is magical anyway but at Christmas time it's a whole different level of magical. You have to go during the Christmas season they have snow machines, different shows going on and a Christmas parade too. I want to experience it again it was incredible I am sure Abbie would agree with me on this one!

Cape Verde (age 22)



And lastly (for now) Cape Verde in Africa. I did my first blog post on this place if you want to go read that just click here! I have never been anywhere like here before. We didn't explore the island much unfortunately but the hotel itself was amazing, you could feel the African vibe it had going on. The beach was incredible, although they had a red flag every day (which means no swimming) you could still go in just not far out, but I don't like swimming in the sea much anyway. Amazing place!

That is all the countries I have travelled to! I have been very lucky to have been able to go to so many amazing places. I am constantly saving up for somewhere new to go to. I love to travel and hope me and my girl can go to many more countries.

My next trips planned are:

  • Travelling Europe for 2 weeks in September 2017

Paris, France > Amsterdam, The Netherlands > Bern/Interlaken, Switzerland > Venice > Rome, Italy

  • Los Angeles & San Francisco in May 2018
  • NYC end of 2018

& possibly Budapest!!

Hopefully many more to come! Thanks for reading, comment below of any places you recommend I should go!!
- Shannon x



You May Also Like

0 comments