My Girlfriends 20th Birthday!

by - July 23, 2017



Last Wednesday (19th July) was my girlfriends birthday. I get so excited for other peoples birthdays, more than my own. I get so excited to buy her presents and spoil her rotten. Here are some of the presents I got her, one didn't arrive in time which is a Justin Bieber stadium t-shirt. Hopefully it arrives soon I ordered it ages ago!

*Decorations*






*Birthday Presents* 


I got these face masks from Primark which were £3 each. One is for her one is for me but obviously I let her chose which one she wanted to use first. They had loads of other choices too.


If you've seen my room tour post you'll know we have loads of Tsum Tsums. So I thought I would buy Abbie these to add to our collection, they're so cute.


We love Lush bath bombs! I couldn't decide which ones to get Abbie so I went with the Cosmic gift set instead, it comes with Intergalactic, which in my opinion is one of their best ones. The twilight one is amazing too.


Can't go wrong with some Harry Potter socks! She loves Harry Potter.


This was Abbie's main present, her pink vans. They looked so nice on her too! She's now made me want to get some myself.

*Colchester Zoo*

For the day time I suggested to Abbie if she would want to go to the zoo, she said yes so I pre-booked tickets as it's slightly cheaper. We ended up walking through the gates without even needing our tickets (kind of annoying could've gone for free!) I've got so many photos to share as I took my good camera this time! So this post may be a long one.




 The first thing we did was go see some creepy crawlies, we didn't plan which way we was going we just headed towards the giraffes and elephants as we wanted to feed them. We went in a part I don't even remember going in when I was younger, I had no idea it existed.




The animals are so beautiful, I love them so much but I also feel so bad they're at a zoo. It's a love hate thing. At 12:15 was the giraffe feeding time and 12:30 was the elephant feeding time. I've never done this before so I was actually quite nervous. The giraffe was so cute and took the leaf so gently. The elephant however touched my arm and it felt so strange. It was funny because you could hear it sucking up the food haha.


We then went to see the lions, their enclosure was quite small compared to some of the animals which wasn't nice to see. The animals were just chilling/sleeping.



The meerkats were adorable!!


We then had some food, we bought a feast with us and it was delicious! Although Colchester Zoo isn't too expensive for food and drink. We got a Calypso slush puppy and it was only £2.25 each which is pretty good. We then saw the Crazy Sands stall was open. This is where you pick a plastic container which is in the shape of an animal, you then fill it up with different colour sands. I always did these as a kid and it made me so happy making one again (yes I am 22, no I do not care).



We then saw the Otters and Flamingo's. I didn't get any good pictures of the Otters and they're my favourite. They were all a bit hyper and any photo I took was super blurry.



We went on their train that goes around a couple of the enclosures. It stops and lets you go inside where the lemurs are.


Here's some more random photos of us, penguins and sea lions!








 That evening we went out for dinner with Abbie's family to Bella Italia which was lovely. We then had a chilled evening in doing face masks. If you want to see the vlog we filmed from her birthday then click here.

I hope you had an amazing birthday Abbie, I love you so much.
Can't wait to celebrate the big 21 next year!!

- Shannon x










You May Also Like

0 comments