Life Of A Fussy Eater

by - July 30, 2017

I really hope I can find some people who relate to me through this post. As you can tell by the title, I am a very fussy eater. I have been ever since I can remember. I know I used to eat some different foods when I was younger, just by looking at old photos and seeing pees on my plate. I obviously then stopped eating certain things and my mum just gave me what I wanted to make things easier. She never actually noticed how bad I was at first, as I'd been stuck in my ways for so long I could not get out of it.

I used to have such a weak immune system because of what I was eating. Although I still eat the same things now and I don't get ill as much as I used to, I guess my body is just used to it. I sometimes have to take iron tablets, but I know I don't get a lot of nutrients that my body needs.

What do you eat?

Good question, not much. Let's start with breakfast foods. I will eat toast, only white bread, only Anchor butter, I don't mind Lurpak, sometimes I'll have strawberry jam (the smooth one). I like crumpets and bagles but I only have butter on them. Oh and I do love eggs and soldiers, but I don't like the white bit of the egg.

Lunch? Lunch is a difficult one for me, I don't like any sandwiches, I only like butter on bread. I will eat a crisp sandwich, only ready salted Walkers though.

Dinner? I don't have much choice, these are the ranges of foods that will appear in my dinner. Curry (just the sauce, can't be hot!!) with rice, beans, chips (not oven, ew), bacon noodles, chicken and mushroom pasta, spaghetti bolognese (can't eat the bolognese on it's own, only with garlic bread), pizza, roast potatoes, sweetcorn, yorkshire puddings and that's about it. I am the worst.

Going abroad...

I always feel so bad when I go away with someone and can't go to certain restaurants as there won't be anything I'll eat.
           

The left picture is a meal I had more than once in Disneyland Paris. It was so good though. The 2nd picture is a meal I had in New York in McDonalds, just large fries, a Diet Coke and an Oreo Mcflurry. I do now eat a cheeseburger at McDonalds which took me about a year to manage to eat a whole one. I know that's so strange but it's a texture thing.

Anxiety

I hate the feeling of thinking everyone thinks I'm weird. I am so different when it comes to food I get so paranoid people will judge me. One thing I hate the most is going out for meals. I have to google the restaurant and check out their menu before I go. I will even look at the kids menu if I can't find anything I like. I love an Italian restaurant or a Chinese restaurant because I know I'll like the food, but when I get told we're going to a steak restaurant I panic. They waiter will ask everyones food orders and then it's my turn "Can I just have some chips please?" It's so embarrassing. If you're fussy you'll know being invited out for food for a group meal is the worst.

Getting better and eating more?

It seems impossible. This is all mind games and fears of trying new things. What is the worst that can happen? I won't like how it feels or how it tastes. But I still can't do it, I will try a tiny bit of food and I struggle so much. If anyone has struggled with the same things as me but managed to overcome them then please please please let me know what you did. I would love to get help and see someone it's just having no idea where to find someone. I would love to magically be able to eat everything without going into a panic. Unfortunately it'll take a lot of work. I am sick of being fussy, so sick of it. I go Europe for 2 weeks in September and I have warned my friend I will be living on pizza and pasta. Luckily she said she will be too.

Sorry this post wasn't that much of an interesting one, but I've been wanting to write about this as its a personal struggle I have to deal with and any advice anyone has would be much appreciated.

- Shannon x





You May Also Like

0 comments