London Pride | 2017

by - July 09, 2017



LONDON PRIDE | 8TH JUNE 2017

My first ever pride! I have been out since 2013, it is now 2017 and I have finally experienced going to pride. It was honestly one of the best days of my life, I am bursting with happiness. I have never felt so happy, accepted and safe. The vibe was amazing, that's what I was looking forward to most, having that happy atmosphere. The world has been through a lot lately and to see everyone come together was amazing. 

I took my mum to my first ever pride, which was also her first ever pride. She had such a good day and it was lovely to have her with me. She wanted a pride t-shirt for her birthday which I got her and also requested I had to put glitter on her face for pride. We took some pictures before we left of course. Most of this post will be photos as I have SO many to share!!




Once we got into London we went to Trafalgar Square, we both donated £3 each and got a pride wristband. They had a bag of freebies going to of course we had those. I also bought a Starbucks pride pin and a gay lego keyring and mum got a rainbow garland to wear. They gave out some freebies during the parade too, thanks for the sweets Tesco!


              

They sold these rainbow crayon things if you wanted to put a rainbow on your face, they then came around during the parade so it's fair to say my arms were rainbow-fied.


PARADE TIME! I got so many amazing photos. I actually forgot to take my camera so all these photos were taken on my iPhone 6, and if I do say so myself they're pretty good. Enjoy!!




















I unfortunately missed some of the last parade walkers, and gutted to have missed the Disney one! But I had such an amazing time and I will definitely be going again. Next I have Brighton pride which I am even more excited for now. Thank you so much for reading this blog post!

- Shannon x











You May Also Like

0 comments