Traveling Europe | PARIS

by - October 03, 2017



Hello! It's been a while. I wanted to get a blog post up before I left on my adventure but it just didn't work out. I spent the Sunday with my girlfriend as we don't normally have 2 weeks apart from each other so wanted to make the most of our day. I feel like it's been about a month since I posted. BUT I have so many things to blog about from my 2 weeks in Europe.

Me and my friend Jamey bought an Interrail ticket to travel around Europe, they have different types of tickets but it's a lot of explaining. If you'd like a separate post all about Interrail let me know! I had so many questions about Interrailing before I left which I couldn't find answers for so if you have any questions I will be happy to help. We went to Paris, Amsterdam, Bern, Interlaken, Venice and Rome, also stranded in Germany for a little while too. (that'll come up in the Switzerland post)

Day 1 - Paris.

We got the Eurostar to Gare Du Nord from St Pancras. The train we got on has definitely updated since I last used it which was nice! The Eurostar doesn't take long at all, our train was around 8.30am and I had been up since 4am, but when you're going on a trip it's all worth it. Once we got to Paris we decided our first stop would be the Eiffel Tower. Our Airbnb wasn't available until 2pm so we had a couple hours to do something. We had both already been to Paris so we spent the shortest time here. We came out of the metro, crossed the road wondering where the Eiffel Tower is, we turned around and had the most beautiful view of it. No one was around so we took a few photos.


Our Airbnb was really close to the Arc De Triumphe. We was in a really good area too which was what we wanted. The Airbnb was a self check in but the instructions were so easy. Unfortunately I forgot to take photos of it, but it was okay for 2 nights, very small, the wifi didn't even work the 2nd day and we couldn't seem to lock the door at night which I didn't like at all. Apart from that it suited us for the amount of time we were going to be there.

We headed towards the Arc de Triumphe, who knew if you're under 25 and still in the EU (for now) you get to go up it for free. We were both ready to pay but there's nothing better than finding out something is free! You have such an amazing view of the city. Pre warning that you have to go up so many stairs to get to the top!!



Day 2 - Disneyland Paris

I am not going to lie, although I have been to Disney a good few times, I was most excited for this day. Disney is one of my most favourite places in the world, it's so magical and makes me so happy. I can act like a child and wear cute Minnie ears and meet my favourite characters even if I am 22. Disney are currently celebrating their 25th birthday. The park is filled with 25th anniversary decorations, outfits and merchandise and I love it. I didn't think I would get to visit whilst the 25th anniversary was going on but I am so thankful that I had the chance.



I wore my mustard coloured Mickey sweater which I am obsessed with. I wanted to find ears that matched and the best I could find was the 25th anniversary gold and black ones with sequins. They looked super cute I love them! We got some really cute photos in front of the castle. The weather was not the best, as you can see in the photos above, one minute it was blue skies, the next it was cloudy, the next it was raining, then it would repeat. Of course I leave the umbrella back at the Airbnb and don't want to waste €20 on a waterproof poncho. 



Our first character meet was with Daisy. Daisy is my favourite Disney character and the queue wasn't long at all I was very happy she was the first one we met. We then met Peter Pan and Wendy, this was my first meet with actual humans who I have to make eye contact with.. I mean, it's Peter Pan of course but you get what I mean. It wasn't as scary as I expected it to be, I thought it'd be really awkward but it was actually easier than meeting a character who can't speak. We then met Genie who was brilliant, you had to rub the Genie Lamp to get him to move which I loved. 

For lunch we just got some chips inside the Walt Disney Studio park as we wanted to save pizza for dinner. We wanted to meet Sulley but he never came out. We looked around the shops and went on the Ratatouille ride before heading back to the main Disney park. In the main park we wanted to go on Big Thunder Mountain but it kept having technical issues. We only ended up going on the Buzz Lightyear ride and Hyperspace Mountain.


For dinner we had a star shaped pizza. What more could you want in life? It also came with the most amazing garlic bread, it was incredible. I do love pizza, but make it into a star shape and it makes it 10x better.

There was lots of new things going on at Disney because of the anniversary, but another thing that was new was the parade. It is now Stars on Parade, I'd never seen it before and wasn't sure what to expect. The song Magic everywhere from the last parade is one of my favourites so I was kinda sad I wasn't going to hear it this time. But the new song is also super catchy and I had it stuck in my head for a good few days. The parade had lots of new characters, costumes and floats. I'm glad they've added Nemo in, the float was amazing.


After a bit more shopping and eating super expensive Disney popcorn, we sad down ready to watch the new show Disney Illuminations which was Disney Dreams. I was excited to see this as I had seen a few clips of it before I went and it looked amazing. I do feel like Illuminations had very random bits in it such as the live action Beauty and the Beast film, BUT I still loved it. I just wished there were more pretty fireworks.




& here are the goodies I bought from Disney, not too much as we had to live out of a tiny suitcase the whole 2 weeks but these were the main things I wanted. I will do a rough price guide for anyone who is interested.. (these are rough I can't remember exactly but it will be pretty close)
Minnie Mouse Anniversary Ears - €16.99
Disneyland Paris T-shirt - €24.99
25th Anniversary Pin - €9.99
2017 Pin - €7.99
Donald Anniversary Tsum Tsum - €6
Goofy Sweets - €3.99
Disney Magnet - €4


First part of the trip complete. So much more exploring to do! 
Until next time Disney... 

- Shannon x




You May Also Like

0 comments