A Day At Chessington!

by - June 18, 2017


Wednesday 14th June 2017

Chessington World Of Adventures!!! A place I have not been to since I was around 14. I was so excited to go back, I had no idea you could get the train there. I met Jamey at McDonalds in Waterloo station, and from there we got the train to Chessington South. If you're going to go make sure you pre-book your tickets online. On the website tickets are £28 if you book 5+ days ahead but if you book your tickets on the day they cost £49. 



As soon as you walk into the park they have some Otters. Otters are my favourite animals and their enclosure did not look clean at all, the water was all dirty and you could see receipts floating about. It makes me sad seeing animals in small spaces like that.

The first ride we went on was the Rattlesnake rollercoaster. The queue was only 15 minutes and it was so much fun. It used to be my favourite ride, they take your photo but the photo bit wasn't working. We then went on a stroll around the park and found a giant backpack. Looks like we're all ready and packed for Europe!


We then headed towards the Mystic Falls area to go on the Dragon Falls water ride. They had a ferris wheel right next to it so we decided to go on that first as there wasn't much of a queue. It only goes round once so was pretty pointless, I wouldn't queue for it. It was higher than we expected but we got a nice view. You could actually see London in the distance.




I used to be so scared of the Dragon Falls ride. I hated it so much because of the big drop. I was a lot younger then and everything was scarier, but this time I actually enjoyed it. The first time we went on it Jamey snapchatted going down it, and then forgot to save it! She ended up getting soaked. The second time we went on I wasn't holding on, I put my arms in the air for the photo, so brave me.



Got to take a cute selfie on at least on of the rides!



We then went on the Vampire ride. I'd never actually been on it before. For once I was actually so excited for a ride instead of being nervous.


Your feet dangle on this rollercoaster which was strange. I'm so used to seeing the tracks below my feet so it felt so weird. It was so much fun, I really wanted to experience it at the front. We went on it twice and was in the middle both times. We had some food in the Vampire's Burger Kitchen, but because I'm fussy I just had chips and a Diet Coke, which came to £5.50.

We looked around the zoo bit, the lions deserved a much bigger space than what they had. They had 3 cubs too. We walked through it quite quickly but was more excited to go on the Zufari.


I was mainly excited to see the giraffes. They are so cute, but you don't realise how big they are until you see them in person. We also saw a mixture of animals such as Rhinos and flamingos. Warning if you go on this zufari and sit on the edge you may get wet.


Ice cream stop was very much needed. We both got magnums which I had actually been craving for so long. We decided to take a couple more photos on our way out and then stopped to have a walk through the aquarium.


I could never go on this ride. It moves and spins and gets you soaking wet.


The aquarium was cute, it was pretty small, nothing like the one in London. They had some fish, starfish, jellyfish and stingrays.



We had such a good day at Chessington! It's a good place to go if you don't like big rides, I wouldn't go on much in places like Thorpe Park and Alton Towers but here there is quite a lot for me to go on. 
If you have any blog post ideas please comment below and let me know. I have so many ideas and I am planning ahead but I always like to have more ideas.

Thank you for reading!
- Shannon x

You May Also Like

0 comments