Room Tour

by - May 28, 2017





I've been wanting to do a room tour for so long. I moved in with my girlfriend in September last year, we live at her house with her mum, dad and sister. We do want our own place one day but if you have your own place you'll know how expensive it is. We just wanted to see each other every day, so I got a job where Abbie lives and moved in! Don't get me wrong, it was tough at first, my life changed so much so quickly and I am such a mummy's girl. Within time it got so much easier and I am so much happier now. 

Anyway let's get to it. The picture above is where I am going to start, it's a section of our shelving unit. The prettiest section. The top shelf has all our Disney classics DVD collection and any Tsum Tsums we own. You'll be able to tell in our room how much we love Disney. The 2nd shelf is mainly Abbie's books, we share Zoe's ones and Dems one, the I heart books are mine, the rest are Abbie's. We have some shot glasses which I think Abbie is starting to collect now. Then of course we have a few more Disney bits, I got those from work colleagues when I left my previous job, they definitely know what I like! On the shelf underneath I have a huge collection of snow globes from countries I've visited. I always have to get one, Cape Verde didn't sell them so I was gutted to not take one home.



 This is right next to our bed, just above our bedside table. The top frame was a christmas present from my friend Jamey, I absolutely love it. It's the outline of France with some of our Christmas holiday pictures from Disneyland Paris. I thought it was so creative and so special. The poster underneath was from a set of postcards in New Look which were reduced to £1 after Christmas. This one was our favourite because all we want to do is travel.




Our bedside table looking clean and tidy for once. On the left is a candle holder from Card Factory (I think) they don't sell them anymore but I am sure you can find something similar in other shops. The photo clip in the middle is from Primark, pretty sure it was only £1. We added some cute polaroids/photobooth pictures which I love. The mini fake plant is from Primark which was £2. In the corner is a tray which is from Walt Disney Studios in Paris which we put all our jewellery on. The candle is from Clintons, it was there at Christmas time and reduced to half price, it smells amazing.




This is currently what our bed looks like, we went with a green/pink theme for summer. Simba and Nala look super cute but they do always fall down the side of the bed, least they look cute for the photo right? The pillow I ordered online, you could personalise it and add whichever characters you wanted to and then of course add your own names in the middle. 


Fairy lights and polaroid pictures are a must! They make a room look so cosy and cute. We put some of our favourite polaroids on with a mixture of mini pegs and pegs with white hearts on. If you have no fairy lights, I suggest you get some, they make such a difference


Above our bed and the polaroids we have these 2 frames. I drew both of them! The first one I drew for Abbie's 17th birthday. It was her first birthday that I got to celebrate with her. It is very cringey and cheesy but when you first get with someone that's what you're like! It is super cute and I am proud of it, and she loved it too which is the most important thing. The next one I did more recently but cannot remember if it was a Christmas present or birthday, oops. I drew all the princesses and drew their signatures next to them. She loved that one too yay!!



To the left of our bed we have 2 cork boards. Filled with photos, receipts and memories. The top one is mine, it has a mixture of things such as our luggage tags from DLP, VIP lanyard from Fifth Harmony, a Matilda bookmark and M&G wristbands. I think this is such a nice way to display some of your favourite memories. They're so easy to make and you can get a cork board in Asda for £5 or less.




Lastly we have our Disney ears collection display. The top one which is Donald Duck, I made those ears for Abbie. I wanted to make more and bought loads of materials I just haven't gotten round to making anymore. The next pair are Christmas ones I got last year. I doubt I'll be able to go around Christmas time for a while so I had to pick those up. (We haven't been to WDW together, that is the ultimate dream. So any of these ears I say are from Disney will be DLP) The next ears are the first pair I bought, as soon as I walked into the park in 2015 I bought those. They are a little uncomfortable, you couldn't wear them all day, but they are the classic ears which you must have when visiting Disney. Abbie bought the magician ears, I don't think I have worn them yet. The last ears I got from an Etsy store called lubyandlola. She makes amazing ears, her store is incredible, they're so affordable and the ears are super comfy.

Hope you guys enjoyed this room tour, I didn't realise how much Disney we had until I started writing this! I'd love if anyone would leave a comment and let me know what you think. Thank you!

- Shannon x












You May Also Like

0 comments